miércoles, 21 de abril de 2010

English Day 2010


This year, we will welcome Ceip El Lince and Ceip Dunes de Doñana for English Day which will be held here in school on the 3rd of June 2010!!

Fun activities will include:

An international breakfast with typical food from America, Sweden and Ireland.

Orienteering around the school grounds.

A running dictation.

ICT activities.

A baseball game.

For those of you who don't know the rules of baseball, here they are :)

-There are two teams: the batting team and the pitching team.

-Players have to hold the bat with both hands.

-The teams change their positions when three players in the batting team are out (in other words, they are eliminated) because they have made three strikes or haven’t reached the bases successfully.

-Each player has three turns to bat (three strikes).

-If the ball is fouled (batted outside), this is considered one strike.

-There are five bases and the last base is different to the batter’s box (home plate in the U.S) to avoid any impact.

-If the pitching team doesn't have three outs after fifteen minutes the teams change their positions.

The team with the most runs at the end of the game wins.


Here is the link to Ceip Dunas de Doñana's English Day webpage:
CEIP Dunas de Doñana

16 comentarios:

  1. Hi!!! I like me the English Day of last year... It was brilliant... I hope that it is like last year!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello!! I'm María Sánchez.
    I think the English day will be funnier than last year...
    But I think I won't like the food!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hiiii!!!! David V.
    I think I will like this English day. But last year I liked English day a bit.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello I'm Laura I think that the last year was very bad food XS I think that this tear that this year will be super XD

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello, I'm Javi! I think english day will be funnier than last year, because we will play baseball and the workshops will be betters and longers!!!
    And the food wasn't bad and won't be bad, I like the food!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hello! I'm Ana.
    I didn't like the last English Day, it was bored. This year it will be better!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi!:)
    I'm Cristina Gutiérrez.
    I didn't so like really much the last English Day, I didn't like te food, and same games were bored...
    The English Day of this year will be better than the English Day of the last year.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hello! I'm Ana Mª.
    I think the English day will be funnier than last year because we will play baseball!!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hi Juan Antonio. "I like me English Day" no no.. take away "me": Just "I like English Day"

    ResponderEliminar
  10. LAURA: "I think that the last year was very bad food" Write instead: "I think that they served very bad food last year"
    /tove

    ResponderEliminar
  11. JAVIER: "the workshops will be betters and longers!!!" The adjective doesn't have a pluralform. /tove

    ResponderEliminar
  12. ANA: "I didn't like the last English Day, it was bored."
    You say: "I was bored" or "it was boring".
    /tove

    ResponderEliminar
  13. CRISTINA: "I didn't so like really much the last English Day, I didn't like te food, and same games were bored..."
    First: take awat the "so" and the "really" and change to: "I didn't like the last English Day very much"
    Second: "same" = igual, I think you ment "some"
    Third: "games were bored" no no! you say: "the games were boring" /Tove

    ResponderEliminar
  14. HELLO! THIS ENGLISH DAY WAS THE BEST! WHAT I LIKE THE MOST WAS...THE FOOD!!! :), BUT THE OTHER THINGS WERE GOOD TOO!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Helloooooooo!!!! This English Day Was a fanny and interesting day. Bye

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Hi David and Javi,

    I'm so glad you had such a good day. David, I guess you mean FUNNY

    ResponderEliminar

Your opinion matters